RSS

My Baby Can Read




Yesterday I took my Ewan to family reading and I just need to take a minute to say how proud of him I am. At his school they have the Accelerated Reading Program (A.K.A. the AR Program). If your not familiar with it, (which I'm sure you are, but I'll say it anyway) it's a program where the kids read a book then take short little tests on the book using a computer to make sure that they are reading and they are understanding what they read. They get points for every test they pass and when they get enough points they can get a prize out of the treasure box. Then to top it off his school has family reading every Tuesday night so he can get some extra points in. So last night we went to family reading and at his school they sort the book by reading level and he picked up a 3grade reading level book. I was curious to see if he could read it and so I allowed it and, He Read It! He also took a test on it and he got all the questions right. I really don't think he would be able to read so well right now if it wasn't for the "Your Baby Can Read!" program.When he was 2 I started him on it but he's so very stubborn and I only got him to do it for 3-4 months but I definitely think it helped because in 3-4 months he could read some words. Only the ones on the videos of course but it opened a door and sometimes that's all you need.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment On Facebook

Copyright 2009 Brainy Babies. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy