RSS

I Believe Early Learning is Important


I can't remember where I heard it but I've heard it a lot that between the ages of 0-5 years old children's minds are rapidly developing and thrive on stimulation and that it's the best time to get a jump start on learning. I would definitely have to say I agree with that. I've been working with Ewan for several years now trying to make sure nothing ever slows him down in life. He's 5 years old now so it may seem like that time of rapid development is over for him but that doesn't stop him from continuing to learn at a faster pace then the other kids at his school. I don't think that is because he's really smarter then them or anything. I think the kids at his school are just at a hump that he's already gotten over and for him it's all down hill till the next hump. It also doesn't hurt that as long as he can remember he's been learning so he doesn't fight it. When I was growing up I never wanted to learn because it was hard for me but Ewan has been learning all his life. We never pushed him and we never yelled at him if he didn't get it right away. We were patient with him and let him learn at his own pace. Even when he was 4 years old and still not potty trained we just waited for it to click for him. So I'm definitely going to keep doing what I've been doing with him but it's time for the torch to be passed down to his younger brother Leon. To me it's super important to get a jump start on Leon's education just like I have with Ewan. I hope I can look back on this post in 4 years and say, I still belive that getting a jump start on learning is the way to go because Leon is now in kindergarden and has a 3rd grade reading level too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment On Facebook

Copyright 2009 Brainy Babies. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy